St. Austin Catholic School is a unique place. Nestled in downtown Austin between the Texas State Capitol and the University of Texas, we are privileged to experience a contemporary urban environment. Since 1917, St. Austin Catholic School has been privileged to serve the Catholic community of Austin and to contribute, in a significant manner, to the evangelizing mission of the Diocese of Austin and the Paulist Fathers. Embedded within our parish community and built on the generosity and the sacrifice of many generations of Catholic families, our Catholic school today is a vibrant expression of the interaction between faith and life.
Parents choose to send their children to St. Austin Catholic School for a variety of reasons:
- We provide an exceptional alternative to public education for all students.
- Our student body represents a diverse cultural and economic community, much like that of Austin.
- Our faculty members are highly qualified and exemplify professional excellence in their roles and continued professional growth.
- A caring, faith based culture permeates all facets of our school community.
- Our location is close to the workplace of one parent or within a short drive from home.
- Extended campus opportunities are available downtown and at the University of Texas.
- We believe an obvious strength is the positive atmosphere that exists through the individual attention the students receive in our school.
- Our Pre-K through 5 campus consists of 147 students and our middle school houses 68 students.
- We value the uniqueness of each child and the God given gifts that each child brings to our community.
- The children are loved, respected, and taught to strive for their personal best.
- We offer our students a rounded education that supports personal growth based on Christian values.
Our educational goals have been founded in the Catholic tradition to provide a nurturing, challenging, and diverse environment of learning. Every aspect of St. Austin Catholic School strives to provide a Christian atmosphere. Whether you are looking at the teachers who work here, the community we serve, or the traditions we follow, Christ leads our way. We believe that a solid academic experience based in faith gives children the tools they need to succeed in life beyond the walls of a school. We follow the Latin adage “Non Scholae, sed Vitae” (Not for school, but for life).
St. Austin Catholic School proudly holds dual accreditation for our academic programs and excellence. Our accreditations are held with the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). In 2005, we were the first private school in the Austin area to receive recognition as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the US Department of Education. In 2008 we received the Best of Austin Award in the Religious Schools category from the U.S. Local Business Association.
We invite you to take the time to view the information on our website, www.staustinschool.org. It is a good reflection of the interest and dedication the staff at St. Austin Catholic School have towards the pupils and families of our school. You are also welcome to visit our campus and take a firsthand look at the experiences we offer our students.
We are committed to developing meaningful collaborative partnerships with our parish and parental communities and we look forward to journeying with you in the interest of the children whom we serve.