San Juan Diego seeks a Principal with a passion for Catholic Education. Our ideal candidate is a visionary leader with a proven track record of building enrollment, academic achievement and faith formation. He or she will do this through our mission to provide highly motivated students the opportunity to earn a Catholic, college preparatory education enriched by participation in a Corporate Internship Program. SJDCHS was founded in 2002 on the San Jose Parish property in South Austin. SJDCHS is the second school in the nation to replicate the innovative Cristo Rey Corporate Internship Program. A new school is currently under construction with a target completion date of 10.10.17.
- The principal must be a Catholic in good standing with a commitment to the formation of the whole person in intellect and spirit, possess a master’s degree with 18 credit hours in educational administration and supervision courses, have 3-5 years of teaching and administrative experience, preferably in a Catholic school, and be fluent in Spanish.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to develop teachers’ excellence in education
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Curriculum development and implementation to make SJDCHS competitive with Catholic and private schools in the area
- Budgeting and financial management skills
- Ability to create a short and long-term vision for SJDCHS
- Experience in collaborating with a school board, parish Pastor and the wider community
- Knowledge of advancement and fund-raising
- Excellence in public relations and an ability to build relationships with all stakeholders of the school
- Familiarity with facilities management operations
Please submit a cover letter, resume and completed application (www.csdatx.org) to Juliana Rueda, Coordinator of Catholic Schools, at email@example.com, or mail to Diocese of Austin Office of Catholic Schools, SJDCHS Principal Search, 6225 Hwy. 290 East, Austin Texas 78723.